We have a variety of activities to suit children on a one-off visit. This can range from a 15 minute lead, to a whole day at the Stables or even a party! We are open Tuesdays to Sundays, except for Christmas/New Year and Easter.
Our opening hours are:
- Saturday and Sunday 8am to 5pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11am to 7.30pm
- Wednesdays and Fridays from 6am to 3pm
Please do ring or email to make a booking, preferably a few days in advance.
A 15 minute led ride ($25) around our property. This is a good place to start for children up to 6 or 7 years old who have not ridden before or who have not ridden for a long time. We take children who can sit up by themselves, so from around 2 years up.
Children can be very excited by the idea of horse riding but quite overwhelmed by the (rather large) reality. Children can also be quite changeable – so a four year old who happily rode a pony six months ago, can become a screaming watering pot today, faced with a similar pony!
So when you come, if your child isn’t keen on riding, we can do some pony care instead or your child can help us take a pony for a walk – these activities can build confidence and make sure the experience is pleasant rather than scary.
Mini Groom and Ride
Our 30 minute Mini Groom and Ride ($50) is great for children (5yo+) who are fascinated by horses and want to do more than ride. Your child will work with a groom for 15 minutes, learning how to get the horse ready, then will go for a 15 minute led ride around our property. A really good option once children have been riding and are interested in learning more.
Groom and Ride
Spend half an hour with one of our staff and your horse, learning how to groom and tack up. If you like, we’ll also show you how to plait, ribbon, do quarter markers and apply glittery hoof oil. Then take your new and beautiful best friend for a 15 minute ride around our property. A lovely time for ages 8+. $65 per 45 minute session.
Children can spend time shadowing one of our grooms, learning all about what happens on the property and how to help. Tasks can include poo picking, feeding, watering, washing, grooming and fetching horses. The two hours version ($80) is suitable for a school age child while the 9am to 4pm Stable Day ($150) is appropriate for 10yo+. Add a ride or a lesson to the day if you like.
School Holiday Riding Camps
Our kids’ horse riding holiday camps run from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays. Children can come for one day, a few days or for the whole week.
In small, supervised groups, children learn how to groom and care for horses, including feeding, mucking out, tacking up, untacking. They also learn about horse behaviour and anatomy. Each day includes a group horse riding lesson plus a ride on the property. Where needed, horse riding lessons are graded, so that children ride with others of similar ability.
Children also practise riding our electronic and mechanical horses (riding simulators), which are a very popular part of our kids’ holiday camps. However, nothing beats the relationships children make with the real horses and ponies as well as with other children and staff during their time at our kids’ riding camps!
Camp is $225 per day, three days are $600, four days $750 and five days $850. Our next available camps are:
- 6-10 January 2020
- 13 – 17 January 2020
- 20 – 24 January 2020
Our parties start at $300. This includes:
- a decorated horse (groomed, plaited, with ribbons and glittery painted hooves) for one hour, which can take up to six children on ten minute rides on our property. For groups larger than six, additional horses will be needed and are available for $150 each for the hour.
- a dedicated handler who manages each horse and helps the child during the ride, including reassuring any nerves.
- Riding helmets and boots for each child.
- a co-ordinator who will organise parent consent forms, the right size helmets and boots for the children. The co-ordinator will also take each child through a practice session on our mechanical horse Belle, answering any questions and preparing them for the real horse. The co-ordinator will also help the child get onto the real horse.
- You can set your party/picnic up on our lawn (or an undercover verandah in case of bad weather). You’re welcome to organise games or any refreshments ((no balloons because they scare horses). While the horse riding component takes one hour, the picnic/party can go for as long as you need.
We can do parties on weekdays after school (during daylight savings) and on weekends.